The Wyoming Medical Center Foundation’s Women of Vison was created as a tribute to the historic women leaders of Wyoming. As we all know, Wyoming is known for many female firsts: the first state in the nation to give women the right to vote as well as the first state to have a female Governor, Nellie Tayloe Ross.
When the Casper branch of Wyoming General Hospital opened its doors on Nov. 1, 1911, a woman, Martha Converse Kimball, served as its first superintendent. From the start of WMC, women have played a significant role in providing a solid foundation for innovative health care. Now it is our turn to ensure the legacy endures.
Wyoming Medical Center must have supporters who are continually looking for new and innovative ways to generate funding in support of its mission. The Women of Vision encourages and promotes philanthropy amongst our community’s women, providing funds for health care needs of all patients in the region.
- Involve women as philanthropic leaders
- Host quarterly events to socialize and provide Women of Vision members educational opportunities from local physicians on a women’s health topic
- Identify appropriate and timely opportunities to fund health care needs within WMC
- Celebrate the impact Women of Vision has made for WMC and the Foundation
- Privacy screens for breastfeeding in the nursery
- Angels Cancer Care Program funding for five cancer patients with direct needs such as gas cards, grocery cards, etc.
- Nitrous Oxide Unit and Premature Anne with and without Simpad
- Car Seats for Safe Kids of Central Wyoming
- Bili Blanket Phototherapy Light
- And many others
Membership in WMC’s Women of Vision is open to interested female friends of the hospital. We welcome all community members that are willing to make a gift of $500 annually to the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation. Your entire gift will be used by the Women of Vision to purchase needed items for hospital departments. Your membership dues will NOT be used for overhead/general costs and your contribution is 100 percent tax deductible.
BENEFITS AND ACTIVITIES
The most important benefit of membership is the satisfaction of knowing that you are part of a collaborative, informed, and empowered group of women who choose to improve Wyoming Medical Center and enhance the lives of patients.
As a member, you will have the opportunity to decide which items will be funded and to hear how your support has made an impact on WMC and the patients we serve. In addition, you will build comradery and friendship with fellow members.
As a member of Women of Vision you can make a difference in the health care of the region.
Contact the Foundation
Wyoming Medical Center Foundation
1020 E. Second St.(physical address)
1233 E. Second St. (mailing address)
Casper, WY 82601
(307) 577-2973 (office)
(800) 822-7201 ext. 2973 (toll-free)