The NERD Health and Wellness Center is a hospital-based wellness facility open to community members and employees who are ready to transform their lives through wellness.
Located on the second floor of the McMurry West Tower, the Wellness Center is home to a wide range of services aimed at keeping you healthy. There is an activity for everyone, whether you’re looking to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, reduce stress, stop using tobacco or get fit.
- 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Group acupuncture provides a quicker, more affordable treatment option. Each 45-minute session is $20, and patients will rest in zero-gravity chairs in a comfortable group setting. Acupuncture can treat multiple conditions including joint, neck, arm and leg pain/neuropathy; anxiety, depression, PTSD and women's health issues. Call 577-2929 to reserve a spot on our next scheduled date.
- Freedom From Smoking® group clinic takes place over the course of seven weeks. You will work with other people quitting smoking and a trained facilitator to set a quit date, build a quit plan and work through your first few months smoke-free.
- Mental Health First Aid training is a groundbreaking course that gives people the tools to identify when someone might be struggling with a mental health or substance use problem and to connect them with appropriate support and resources. Check our calendar or call (307) 577-2929 to reserve a spot in the next class.
- Several fitness classes and support groups are available. See the "Class Schedule" link for the latest schedule.
New Year specials
In 2019, resolve to take control of your health. The NERD Health and Wellness Center is offering several New Year specials to help you get started. Specials are good through Feb. 28. Call (307) 577-2929 for more information.
- Community Memberships: 15 percent off the full six-month membership, plus pay no start-up fee
- Massage Therapy: Buy three, get one free
- Acupuncture: Buy three, get 25 percent off
- Yoga Therapy: Buy three, get one free
Achieve a state of well-being
Our programs are designed to help you meet your health goals through consultations with clinical staff. You will learn how to integrate physical health with social, personal and motivational factors to improve overall well-being. Participation and education are strong components of our services. No matter your health and wellness goals, or your current health, the NERD Health and Wellness Center can help you live a healthier life.
A Partner in the Community
When you are ready to make a healthy lifestyle change, start at the NERD Health and Wellness Center. We are partnering with local health clubs and other professionals, and we are backed by the region’s most trusted hospital.
- 6,000 square foot wellness center
- 1,000 square foot group fitness room
- Cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- Massage therapy
- Health and wellness coaching
- Nutrition consultations
- Individual yoga therapy sessions
- Exercise and equipment consultations
- Showers and locker rooms with daily towel service
- Cable television
- Wall oxygen connection