The team at Wyoming Medical Center East Campus boasts among the leading interventional pain management specialists in Wyoming. We specialize in treating chronic and acute pain using a multi-disciplinary approach. The goals of pain management treatment include reduced pain, increased mobility, control over your pain management, and reduced dependency on medications.
Pain management services
The field of pain management treats all pain as a disease — regardless of its source. This includes both primary forms of pain such as headaches, as well as secondary pain, such as pain caused by a chronic disorder. Proper pain management is important for ongoing pain control, especially if patients suffer with long-term or chronic pain.
Depending on the severity of the pain you are experiencing, there may be several treatment approaches available for your specific management needs.
Options for treating pain may include:
- Nerve blocks
- Electrical stimulation
- Physical therapy
- Behavior modification
Procedures commonly performed by our pain management specialists include:
- Cervical discogram
- Cervical nerve root block
- Epidural steroid injection
- Facet block
- Hardware block
- Intra-articular joint injection
- Sacro-iliac joint injections
- Piriformis injections
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Lumbar PARS block
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Lumbar puncture or spinal tap
- Facet joint injections / medial branch blocks / radiofrequency
- Platelet rich plasma or PRP injection
- SI joint injection
- Stem cell injection
- Sympathetic blocks
- Thoracic and lumbar nerve root blocks
- Selective nerve root blocks / transforaminal epidural steroid injection
- Trochanteric bursa injection
No referral necessary
Consultation with your primary care physician is recommended for any new or persistent pain-related concerns. However, if pain doesn’t resolve after several weeks, and if traditional treatments fail to provide relief, a visit to a pain specialist may help. Call Pain Associates of Wyoming at (307) 266-4000 to see if you may benefit from a consultation with a pain specialist.
Pain specialists should be considered as the step between a primary care provider and a surgeon to determine whether non-surgical interventions will work for you.
Referrals from physicians are also welcomed.
With our outreach clinics, it's now easier than ever to get care close to where you live and work. Call (307) 266-4000 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
Frontier Neurosciences LLC, The Healing Place, 702 Platinum Ave., Cody, WY 82414
- Sept. 19, Nino Dobrovic, M.D.
Memorial Hospital of Converse County, 111 S. Fifth St., Douglas, WY 82633
- Aug. 22, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Sept. 12, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Sept. 26, Todd Hammond, M.D.
Thunder Basin Orthopaedics, 2901 Powder Basin Ave., Gillette, WY 82718
Center for Surgical Excellence, 1503 Cressett St., Gillette, WY 82716
- Aug. 20, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Sept. 17, Todd Hammond, M.D.
2300 Gasser Road, Riverton, WY 82501
- Aug. 21, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Aug. 28, Nino Dobrovic, M.D.
- Sept. 18, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Sept. 25, Nino Dobrovic, M.D.
Red Desert Specialty, 2761 Commercial Way, Rock Springs, WY 82901
- Aug. 13, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Aug. 27, Nino Dobrovic, M.D.
- Sept. 10, Todd Hammond, M.D.
- Sept. 24, Nino Dobrovic, M.D.
1356 Shiek St., Wheatland, WY 82201
- Sept. 13, Nino Dobrovic, M.D.
For New Patients
Once your appointment is scheduled, we will mail or email the patient forms (at right) to you. Please complete these forms carefully. Make sure to list all of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, specifying the dosage and how often you take them. This information is written on the prescription label. If you need help completing the forms, please arrive 20 minutes early so our staff can assist you. Please bring these completed forms, a photo ID, insurance cards and current medication list to your appointment.
Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA, Mastercard and Discover. We are happy to submit medical claims to your insurance provider. Payment arrangement options should be discussed prior to your appointment. For billing and payment questions, please call (307) 237-5026.
Advantage Orthopedics and Neurosurgery is in network with the following insurance agencies. We will attempt to work with other agencies.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Cigna (formerly Great West)
- First Choice of the Midwest
- First Choice Health (Formerly Health InfoNet)
- Imagine Health (WISE Network)
- Wyoming Worker's Compensation
- Federal Worker's Compensation