Safe Kids of Central Wyoming
Unintentional injury is the number one cause of death in children ages 1 to 18 in Wyoming. Every year, one out of every four children needs medical attention for an accidental injury. Falls remain the leading cause of hospitalizations in children and youth less than age 19, followed by motor vehicle crashes and poisonings.
Safe Kids of Central Wyoming (SKCW) provides injury prevention education and safety devices to parents for their children. As a member of Safe Kids, Safe Kids of Central Wyoming is a part of a nationwide network of organizations working to prevent unintentional childhood injury. The program focuses on a variety of issues, including:
- Car safety
- Fall prevention
- Fire safety
- Home safety
- Water safety
- Pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Poison Prevention
By focusing on the above issues of childhood safety, Safe Kids strives to accomplish the following tasks:
- Provide quarterly car seat check-up events
- Teach families about child injury risks and prevention
- Evaluate solutions for injury risks
- Work to pass and improve child safety laws and regulations
- Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them
- Promote corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships
- Educate parents and children about safety topics at events throughout the year
Safe Kids of Central Wyoming is dedicated to preventing avoidable childhood injuries and death in our community. Our child passenger safety program is only one of the ways we strive to do this. We also focus on fall prevention, fire safety, home safety and water safety.
A generous gift of any amount will go a long way to save a child’s life.
- $25 can provide car seat education and support for one family in our community.
- $50 can provide one child with a safe and reliable car seat and educate the family about how to use it correctly every time.
- $100 can support two child passenger safety inspection events in the community.
- $250 can train two individuals to become certified child passenger safety technicians.
Make a Difference by Joining Us
If you are interested in joining the coalition of agencies and volunteers who support our mission, contact Andrea D'Onofrio, community coordinator:
- (307) 577-2134