LOCATION & PARKING
The Ruth R. Ellbogen Mother, Baby and Family Center is located on the third floor of the West Tower.
Parking for patients and visitors is available at the West Tower main entrance. Use the valet parking from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday or the west parking garage.
To protect babies, our Mother, Baby and Family Center is a secure unit. Please adhere to the visiting guidelines at the bottom of this page.
Family-Centered maternity services
Wyoming Medical Center strives to create a warm, comfortable environment for babies and families. We offer state-of-the-art equipment and a maternity staff with the sensitivity and training to ensure you and your baby receive the attention you deserve.
Whenever you hear the lullaby playing over the PA system, another baby has just been born in the Ruth R. Ellbogen Mother, Baby and Family Center. The lullaby plays more than 1,100 times every year.
Our center has six labor and delivery rooms, a dedicated C-section operating suite and 10 private rooms big enough for the whole family. All of our rooms are furnished with pull-out couches for dads or other family members to use throughout their stay.
While our goal is to keep mother and baby together, some babies need more care than others. Our Level II Nursery allows us to keep more babies in Casper that would have traditionally been transferred to a hospital with more specialized care. This keeps families together, close to home and work, and is safer for babies.
- It features three separate rooms providing more privacy and the ability to isolate babies that must be protected.
- It can support more babies with respiratory difficulties by administering oxygen, ventilation, anitibiotics and more.
- The pediatric hospitalist program means there is a doctor on site 24 hours a day to care for babies that need extra help.
Our Mother, Baby and Family Center is a secure unit, and all patients and visitors will need to use the security phones to enter and leave. All staff have special name badges and photo IDs that enable parents to easily identify members of your care team. Mothers and one other designated person will be issued a special ID band for picking up babies from the nursery.
We encourage you to discuss visitation with your physician. Nursing staff will support your decision regarding visitation as long as it falls within these guidelines:
- Visitors must be free from signs of infection or illness such as nasal drainage, cough, fever, diarrhea, etc. Contraction of what may be a simple cold in a child could be a serious illness to a newborn.
- Visitors should wash their hands prior to holding or touching the baby or the baby's crib.
- Please restrict visits to during the day so mom and baby can rest. Mom may choose to restrict visitors at any time in order to have a nap or quiet time with her newborn.
- Children must be supervised.
The Newborn Channel
Welcome to The Newborn Channel Now. Here you can view the same Newborn Channel programs offered at The Ruth R. Ellbogen Family, Mother and Baby Center. To find videos, you may sort the library by either Category or Title, or search by Title/Description. Visit the History section to print or email a record of your video viewing.