- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Family Practice
- Residency: Children’s Medical Center and Parkland Hospital, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Pediatrics
- Fellowship: University of California School of Public Health, Berkeley, Calif., Maternal and Child Health
- Hometown: Newcastle, Wyo., Las Cruces, N.M.
- Hobbies: Fishing, hiking, backpacking, skiing and international travel
- Family: Three children
- Community Involvement: Former scoutmaster for Boy Scouts of America, former coach for Little League baseball
Masters of Public Health (MPH), 25 years of experience in international healthcare.