Start your career with Wyoming Medical Center. We offer comprehensive orientation for new graduates to ensure they fit well and function effectively as part of our team. The year-long RN Residency builds upon your college education with activities that help you prepare for practice on your hired unit and shift.
WMC offers three start dates for THE YEAR-LONG RESIDENCY and INCLUDES:
- One week of hospital orientation, beginning in February, July or October
- 12-14 weeks of initial orientation that includes classroom time as well as time on your unit with a preceptor
- Classroom time will include hands-on simulations and lectures
- Rotations through other disciplines to learn how the hospital works
Continuing education includes:
- EKG interpretation course
- Advanced Life Support credentialing
- For RNs working in Critical Care departments (ICU, ED, etc.) additional courses may be provided
- Quarterly education to transition from graduate nurse to professional nurse
All newly graduated Registered Nurses must have taken and passed the NCLEX-RN prior to the designated start date for the RN Residency.