Care when you need it
When you or someone in your family needs urgent care, you don’t always need to go to the emergency room. Studies show that half of all ER visits are not for true emergencies. The less of an emergency you have, the longer you may have to wait because doctors and nurses are busy treating patients in life-or-death situations.
That’s why we built Immediate Care on Casper’s west side, the fastest-growing residential area in Casper. This walk-in clinic treats minor injuries and illness when you can’t wait to get to the doctor. As an affiliate of Wyoming Medical Center, Immediate Care provides high-quality care with a direct link to the advanced medical services available in Casper.
Drive-through respiratory screening available in two locations
Due to the steep rise in COVID-19 cases in our community in recent weeks, Banner Wyoming Medical Center is offering drive-through respiratory screening at two convenient locations. If you have respiratory symptoms – cough, sore throat, fever and others – or require a COVID test, please proceed to one of the drive-through clinics.
Our Emergency Room and network of clinics remain open and safe. Please do not delay medical treatment, and call 911 in all cases of suspected heart attack, stroke, breathing distress and other medical emergencies.
Both of the following clinics remain open for all other medical concerns. Patients will be evaluated in their cars to determine whether they will go inside the clinic or remain in their car to be evaluated and/or tested.
- Mesa Primary Care / Immediate Care
3632 American Way
Open every day, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Enter second driveway entrance to get in line for testing
- Sage Primary Care
1020 S. Conwell
Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Enter Melrose from 12th Street, then enter the alley from 10thStreet
*Please do not back up traffic on Conwell Street
For COVID Test Results
- Please allow 2-3 days for results to be available after receiving a test. We encourage patients to utilize the Patient Portal online tool to obtain most results. Clinical staff will call patients when results become available for those patients where results are not available via the Patient Portal. New users may set up a Patient Portal account by clicking HERE.
- WMC and WHMG no longer have initial COVID-19 vaccinations available. We encourage patients to reach out to Natrona Public Health for future offerings of initial vaccinations. Find more information HERE.
- Minor sprains or broken bones
- Urinary tract infections
- X-rays and splinting
- Sore throats
- Nasal congestion
- Chest congestion
Order of Treatment
We understand that you are not feeling well or may be in pain. We make every effort to see all of our Immediate Care patients as quickly as possible. Any patient with severe injury or illness will be seen IMMEDIATELY. Please understand it is our duty to take care of patients with the most serious issues first.
My Patient Portal
Patient portals are interactive health records giving you convenient, 24-hour access to your personal health information. All you need is an internet connection.
Use My Patient Portal to:
- Schedule appointments with your primary care provider or request appointments with a specialist
- View laboratory results
- Request prescription refills
- Communicate directly with your provider
- View your medical record and test results
Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA, Mastercard and Discover. We are happy to submit medical claims to your insurance provider. For billing and payment questions, please call (307) 237-5026.
Immediate Care is in network with the following insurance agencies. We will attempt to work with other agencies.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Cigna (formerly Great West)
- First Choice of the Midwest
- First Choice Health (Formerly Health InfoNet)
- Imagine Health (WISE Network)
- Wyoming Worker’s Compensation
- Federal Worker’s Compensation