The NERD Health and Wellness Center is a hospital-based wellness facility open to community members and employees who are ready to transform their lives through wellness.
Located on the second floor of the McMurry West Tower, the Wellness Center is home to a wide range of services aimed at keeping you healthy. There is an activity for everyone, whether you’re looking to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, reduce stress, stop using tobacco or get fit.
- 24 hours, 7 days per week
Achieve a state of well-being
Our programs are designed to help you meet your health goals through consultations with clinical staff. You will learn how to integrate physical health with social, personal and motivational factors to improve overall well-being. Participation and education are strong components of our services. No matter your health and wellness goals, or your current health, the NERD Health and Wellness Center can help you live a healthier life.
When you are ready to make a healthy lifestyle change, start at the NERD Health and Wellness Center. We are partnering with local health clubs and other professionals, and we are backed by the region’s most trusted hospital.
The 6,000-square-foot facility includes a group fitness room with cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, massage therapy and acupuncture rooms, showers and locker rooms with daily towel service, wall oxygen connection and a mult-purpose room.
Mental Health First Aid Training
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 17 & Jan. 24
- Amanda Schulte Beyeler, R.N., of the NERD Health and Wellness Center leads a Mental Health First Aid training along with Lindsey Hall of Mercer Family Resource Center. The class will take place over two Fridays at the Mercer Family Resource Center, 535 W. Yellowstone Highway.
- This groundbreaking, eight-hour course gives people the tools to identify when someone might be struggling with a mental health or substance use problem and to connect them with appropriate support and resources when necessary. Call 307-265-7366 to register. Learn more.
Walk with a Doc
4 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 30
- his walk will be led by Amanda Vignaroli, a family nurse practitioner at the NERD Health and Wellness Center. She will discuss the six pillars of wellness (sleep, nutrition, stress management/mental health, exercise, relationships and healthy habits) before leading the group on a short walk around the WMC campus. This event is free, and will kick off the Recommit to You: Health and Wellness Resource Fair. Learn more.
Recommit to You: Health and Wellness Resource Fair
4 to 7 p.m. Jan. 30
- Join the NERD Health and Wellness Center for a free event to learn about wellness resources within Casper. We will have organizations representing each of the six pillars of wellness: sleep, nutrition, stress management/mental health, exercise, relationships and healthy habits. We will also offer free chair massages and acupuncture along with healthy food and prizes.
- This event will be in the NERD Health and Wellness Center at Wyoming Medical Center, 1233 E. Second St. Park in the Visitor Garage, accessible off Second or Jackson streets. Learn more.
Prevent T2, diabetes prevention program informational meeting
4:30 p.m. Feb. 11
- Developed by the CDC, this 12-month diabetes prevention program is proven to reduce your risk of developing diabetes and other health problems. It uses a lifestyle-based curriculum aimed at reversing the start of the disease by empowering patients with prediabetes to take charge of their health and well-being.
- If interested in the program, attend the informational meeting or call 577-2929. Learn more.