The NERD Health and Wellness Center is a hospital-based wellness facility open to community members and employees who are ready to transform their lives through wellness.
Located on the second floor of the McMurry West Tower, the Wellness Center is home to a wide range of services aimed at keeping you healthy. There is an activity for everyone, whether you’re looking to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, reduce stress, stop using tobacco or get fit.
- 24 hours, 7 days per week
Check out our new class schedule, starting in January 2018.
- Freedom From Smoking® group clinic is 4:30 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Jan. 2, 2018. Over the course of seven weeks, you will work with other people quitting smoking and a trained facilitator to set a quit date, build a quit plan and work through your first few months smoke-free.
- Mental Health First Aid training is 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 7-8, 2017. This groundbreaking course gives people the tools to identify when someone might be struggling with a mental health or substance use problem and to connect them with appropriate support and resources.
- Several fitness classes and support groups are available. Call or stop by for the latest schedule.
New Year specials
Valid now through Jan. 31, 2018
- Initial fee waived on all new memberships ($20 value)
- Acupuncture: Purchase the initial session and get the second for half off
- Massage therapy: Purchase three 60-minute massage sessions, get the fourth free
- Yoga therapy: Purchase three sessions, get the fourth free
Achieve a state of well-being
Our programs are designed to help you meet your health goals through consultations with clinical staff. You will learn how to integrate physical health with social, personal and motivational factors to improve overall well-being. Participation and education are strong components of our services. No matter your health and wellness goals, or your current health, the NERD Health and Wellness Center can help you live a healthier life.
A Partner in the Community
When you are ready to make a healthy lifestyle change, start at the NERD Health and Wellness Center. We are partnering with local health clubs and other professionals, and we are backed by the region’s most trusted hospital.
- 6,000 square foot wellness center
- 1,000 square foot group fitness room
- Cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- Massage therapy
- Health and wellness coaching
- Nutrition consultations
- Individual yoga therapy sessions
- Exercise and equipment consultations
- Showers and locker rooms with daily towel service
- Cable television
- Wall oxygen connection