Intensive Care Unit
Needing intensive care isn’t exactly on anyone’s to-do list. But if the circumstances call for you or your loved one to require intensive care services, Wyoming Medical Center will be here.
When a critically ill patient requires health care from a specialized unit, Wyoming Medical Center’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is equipped to provide the highest-quality care. This unit encompasses a variety of specialties including trauma, general surgery, neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, general medicine and cardiology. Learn more about our ICU below.
- The ICU at WMC includes 14 beds and 6 ICU step-down beds.
- WMC offers the only ICU in Wyoming with a 24/7 intensivist service.
- Our ICU is one of a few in the United States with a 24-hour intensivist service staffed around the clock.
- WMC’s intensivists are board-certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine.
- Having an intensivist dedicated to the ICU 100% of the time improves the efficiency and the coordination of care, which frequently means a shorter length of stay for the patient. Faster, more immediate care is also available in cases where a patient’s condition changes frequently.
Visitors are welcome in the Intensive Care Unit, but other provisions apply to keep patients safe. Please see the Intensive Care Visitors
section for more information.
An affiliate of Wyoming Medical Center and a member of Wyoming Health Medical Group, the Intensivist Services of Wyoming provide WMC’s Intensive Care Unit with trained intensivists who care for and treat critically ill patients. Meet them here: