Heroes' Fund established to benefit families of first responders
By Caryn Dowell Jul 19, 2018
The Wyoming Medical Center Foundation recently added a new committee that will provide funds to first responders’ families in times of need. Aptly named the Heroes’ Fund, it was formed in response to a recent incident in which a Casper policeman was seriously injured after being shot in the line-of-duty.
Local first responders saw that there weren’t any funds set up for such a situation and they wanted to help, as did the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation.
By forming this partnership, the Heroes’ Fund account has been set up at the WMC Foundation to receive donations. Through fundraisers and gifts, this fund will support families of professional and volunteer firefighters, EMS workers, and law enforcement officers in Natrona County affected by death or serious injury. The Heroes’ Fund Committee will determine the amount of assistance that a family will receive on a case-by-case basis.
In order to seed the fund, the first responders are organizing a golf tournament next month.
- When: 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10
- Where: Paradise Valley Country Club, 70 Magnolia St.
- Cost: $100 per player, includes golf, cart, prizes, range balls, other events and a BBQ. (Please pay Paradise Valley Country Club directly.)
- Tournament: This is a four-person scramble tournament with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. We encourage you to form four-person teams to enter.
- Registration: Please fill out a registration form and return it to Paradise Valley Country Club with your entry fee. Forms are available at the country club, through the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation or you can dowload it here.
There will also be a 50/50 helicopter ball drop at 12:30 p.m. prior to the golf tournament. Tickets are $10 and are available at the Paradise Valley Country Club. You do not have to enter to golf tournament to play or be present to win.
Cash donations, sponsorships and checks can be mailed to:
WMC Foundation - Heroes' Fund
1233 E. Second St.
Casper, WY 82601
A receipt will be mailed to you that may be used for tax purposes. All money will remain in Natrona County and will be distributed directly to our injured and deceased heroes’ families.
Caryn Dowell is the executive director of the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation. Contact her at (307) 577-2403 or email@example.com.