RAK Week: Join WMC as we commit 100 acts of kindness
By Kristy Bleizeffer Feb 6, 2017
The good folks at Kindness Wyoming have challenged us to participate in Random Acts of Kindness Week, Feb. 12-18. We are thrilled to accept.
We’ve made a RAK Week goal of documenting 100 acts of kindness committed by our employees and friends from Feb. 12 to Feb. 18. Everyone who is caught doing something kind along with everyone who posts the act to our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages will be entered to win a dinner-and-a-movie date night on us. That’s two free movie passes and a $25 gift certificate to J’s Pub.
- Commit a Random Act of Kindness or take notice of someone else committing one. Gestures can be whatever moves you in the moment. They can be as small as a stranger treating you to coffee to as large as, well, as large as your imagination allows. RAK Week has some kindness suggestions for schools, businesses and individuals here.
- Tell us about the gesture on our social media pages with the hashtag #RandomActsOfWMC. Follow us on:
- Facebook, @Wyoming.Medical.Center
- Twitter, @WyomingMedical
- LinkedIn, Wyoming Medical Center
- If you’re highlighting someone else’s gesture, make sure to tag them or tell us their name in your post. Everyone caught doing an act of kindness and everyone who tells us about such an act will be entered in the prize drawing.
- You can also tag your post with the #KindnessWyoming hashtag to help make Wyoming’s kindness challenge the best in the country. (But make sure to also use #RandomActsOfWMC to be entered into the drawing.)
RAK Week is an international effort to promote kindness in our everyday lives. Kindness Wyoming was created by eight students in the Leadership Wyoming program: Chris Murray and Craig Valdez, Casper; Shelley Macy and Kyle Cowan, Cheyenne; Mary Melaragno, Gillette; Nish Goicolea, Rock Springs; Mandy Fabel, Lander; and Paddington Hodza, Laramie.
Because of their efforts, Gov. Matt Mead signed a proclamation today making Feb. 12-18 the official Wyoming Random Acts of Kindness week. Be sure to follow their Facebook page and read more about their efforts on their website.