Save the date: Holiday Square and Reindeer Relay are Nov. 20
By Jillian Riddle Nov 2, 2016
It’s not Christmastime in Casper until Conwell Park glimmers with the light of 73,000 bulbs, illuminating nearly every tree.
This year, the season starts Nov. 20 with the Reindeer Relay and the 2016 Holiday Square Celebration. Here’s what you need to know.
Gather your ugly Christmas sweaters and tie on the jingle bells for the return of the Reindeer Relay. The 5K run/walk will precede Holiday Square for those who’d like to warm their bones against the November chill.
The relay is for teams of one to eight (enough for a full team of reindeer to pull Santa’s sleigh). Prizes will be given for first team finish and best team costumes.
After the race, enjoy hot chocolate or a Schnocolate in a complimentary mug. Money raised benefits the Angels Cancer Care Program which supports Wyoming cancer patients with non-medical needs while undergoing treatment.
- When: Race starts 4 p.m. Nov. 20, prior to Holiday Square
- Where: Conwell Park, across from Wyoming Medical Center on Second Street
- Cost: $20 per racer, $160 for team of eight
- Sign up: Same-day registration is 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. Nov. 20 in the Conwell Building, across the street from the park. Register in advance by downloading and printing this form. Mail completed form and payment to:
Wyoming Medical Center
1233 E. Second St.
Casper, WY 82601
- Info: Call the Foundation at 577-2973 for more information.
All this month, the City of Casper’s Public Services Department will be hanging the park’s lights, culminating with the lighting celebration hosted by the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation.
Cookies and hot chocolate will be served, and children will have the chance to meet Santa Claus.
- When: 5 p.m. Nov. 20
- Where: Conwell Park
- Cost: Free
Riddle is the the Angels Cancer Care coordinator with the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation. She is a native of North Carolina with a love for the outdoors. Contact here at email@example.com or (307) 577-4355.