Our commitment to patients, families and caregivers in resuming surgeries and procedures
May 7, 2020
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our community and state, Wyoming Medical Center has begun a thoughtful, deliberate process to re-open elective procedures and surgeries. Our commitment, as always, is to the safety of our visitors, patients and staff. We are taking every precaution necessary to ensure safe, high-quality care.
In April, we were the only hospital it Wyoming to receive an ‘A’ on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade. Only one-third of hospitals in the country achieve Leapfrog’s highest level. We are proud of this achievement which is a testament to the caliber of care we provide.
The health and safety of caregivers and patients are our top priority, and we are taking extra precautions to keep you and your family safe:
- Our Respiratory Symptom Screening Clinic and TeleMed hotline will continue to screen, evaluate and test possible COVID-19 cases in our community, protecting our Emergency Room, walk-in clinics and physician offices from local transmission.
- All patients, visitors and clinical staff are screened for respiratory symptoms before entering our hospital or clinics. These symptoms include fever, cough, breathing difficulties and others. People are also screened for possible COVID-19 exposures
- We have heightened infection prevention policies such as removing high-touch items like magazines and increased cleaning of public spaces.
- All patients, visitors and employees wear face masks inside our facilities.
- We have limited visitors to our facilities, allowing only one visitor per patient per day. Exceptions are made for pediatric patients or terminally ill patients. No visitors are allowed for patients on isolation precautions.
- For those having surgery or a procedure, you are welcome to bring one support person with you for your treatment.
- We have a separate waiting area for patients reporting to the hospital with respiratory symptoms.
Please, do not delay medically necessary surgeries, procedures and tests out of fear of contracting the coronavirus. Doing so can allow your condition to worsen and will likely have negative long-term consequences for your health. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to create a COVID-safe environment.
We remain vigilant in our infection control protocols, sanitation, visitor restrictions, screening and other precautions. We have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) and will continuously monitor our supply. Please continue to follow current CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, wearing face masks in public and washing your hands frequently.
Wyoming Medical Center is open, safe and here to help. Thank for trusting us with your care.